To ordinary Filipinos like me who have been following the news about celebrity host and actor Vhong Navarro rape case, the sudden emergence of a mysterious rape accuser will definitely make this controversial issue a lot more exciting.
However, to some hardcore feminists, aka feminazis, the unexpected addition of a new character to this unfolding controversy is a potential game changer that could change the fate of Navarro and his rape accuser Deniece Cornejo.
The mystery girl who recently filed rape charges against the ABS-CBN actor and TV host was identified by netizens as Roxanne Acosta Cabanero, a former beauty pageant contestant.
Press reports reveal Cabanero joined Binibining Pilipinas but was disqualified due to a nude photo scandal.
This ABS-CBN report describes Navarro’s new accuser as “a happy-go-lucky girl” who was “often late in rehearsals and tours and always “on the go” as if she had a lot of other things she needed to do”.
In a televised interview with ABS-CBN TV hosts Boy Abunda and Kris Aquino, Navarro’s legal counsel Alma Mallonga said the sudden appearance of Cabanero is connected with Cedric Lee and Cornejo’s case against the actor.
“Of course, merong koneksyon (there is a connection),” Mallonga said.
Meanwhile, here’s Cabanero’s unofficial profile:
- Age: 24 years old
- Said to be a Davao-born model
- Graduated at University of San Carlos, Cebu
- Won Miss Mandaue in Cebu
- Joined Miss Resorts World Manila and Miss Bikini Philippines 2010, according to her lawyer
- Joined Binibining Pilipinas 2011 but was reportedly disqualified over a photo scandal
- Begged to Pinoy Big Brother director Lauren Dyogi for her inclusion in the reality show (screenshots of tweets)
- Rumored to be a close friend of businessman Cedric Lee, who was tagged as the mastermind in the Navarro mauling
- Accused Navarro of raping her in an undisclosed location in Pasig sometime in 2010
- Filed a rape case against the TV host-comedian at the Pasig City Prosecutor’s Office on Wednesday, February 19, 2014
- Decided to come out as an alleged rape victim only after the Vhong Navarro-Deniece Cornejo controversy erupted
- She lied about her real address. She had wrote in her pageant application that she is from Tabunok, Talisay City but Alivio revealed that she is actually a native of Davao City.
- It’s unclear whether or not Roxanne Cabañero Acosta has a Facebook or Instagram account, or if her Twitter account is still active, although it’s also possible that she’s using a different name for her activities on social media.
According to her affidavit, Cabanero met the TV host in 2010 when she and other contestants of Slimmers World’s Miss Bikini Contest guested on It’s Showtime noontime show to promote the said pageant.
She stated that during the show, she “was surprised when a certain female person approached me and introduced herself as one of the staff of the noontime show “Showtime” (I can no longer recall her name) and told me that VHONG NAVARRO wants to get my cell phone number.”
“First I was so amazed because I felt honored of VHONG NAVARRO having interest to get my number and as a matter of courtesy, I gave my cellphone number to the lady … In the afternoon of the same date (April 24 2010) a number appeared on my cellphone receiving a text message from number 0917-484***** introducing himself as VHONG NAVARRO,” Cabanero’s affidavit read.
- Someone has just created a Roxanne Cabañero Facebook page. Beware, some of the page’s photos are not suited for minors.
A Facebook page called Gagsti (Samahan ng mga Gago At Timang) posted this photo of Cabanero:
The bashing continues… I believe the Feminazis will love this!